Friday, February 18, 2011

All Roads Lead to a Similar Misery

Today was a relatively good commute. I decided to drive to my parking spot via Route 2, as if I were going to Alewife. There was a bit of traffic at the series of lights on Park Avenue, prior to getting onto the Route 2 ramp. Also minor backup getting onto Route 16. But once I was through that last light, it was clear sailing. I actually got to my spot in about 25 minutes.

Add a five-minute walk to the Davis T station, with a train to Alewife coming in, and I was at work at 8:30.

So, now I've tried virtually every route I know to try, and it all comes out the same: One hour + to get from my house to job at Fort Point Channel.

I know, I know: Leave earlier. That's the key. Left the house at 7:30 this morning. Oh, but did I mention I got a seat both times?

Also got a "random search" on my way home tonight. They only looked in my bags. If I had been wired with explosives on my person, they would have totally missed it. Thank goodness I am a peaceful, law-abiding citizen, as my father used to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment